Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bean Fung Shui

My husband loves to cook. Not in your average "I love to cook" way, but in a "I wake up dreaming of _____ (fill in blank with any kind of dish) and now (even if it's 4:00 AM) I must cook ______" (again, fill in blank with previous answer), way. It's scary. It's a delicious, my wife of two years has gained 10 pounds, kind of sickness. It's a passion.

Although we cook a huge variety of dishes, one of our favorites is Red Beans.
It's just funny that everytime my sister calls on a weekend, we have a pot of beans on. Here's yesterdays conversation:

Lori: "What'cha doing?"
Me: "Just hanging out in the kitchen with Jim..."
Lori: "What'cha cooking?"
Me: "Beans and a pork loin's on the smoker."
Lori: "Ahh, I know everything is right in the world when beans are on the stove!"
Me: "It's bean Fung Shui!"

No comments:

Post a Comment