Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shoes As Weapons

My Mom is a "vertically challenged", petite woman with an Amazonian Warrior-Woman attitude. Seriously, she, when riled, you do not want to mess with. Growing up in the late 70's early 80's, clogs were the shoe du jour. Not only did they give Mom the extra inches to make her a respectable 5'3 they also made incredible deadly missiles when hurled at people.

Jim and I were snuggled up, relaxing when this old memory of Mom chucking clogs when mad at us kids, made me laugh. I shared the story with him and he said "Hey MY Mom threw shoes at us too, only she wore these pointy high heel pumps!"

Now to be fair neither of our Mothers practiced shoe chucking often, but we both agreed it was effective as the memory stuck all these years! It made me wonder why I haven't hurtled a shoe at Nick. I mean, I've surely been mad enough at times...... I suppose since my footwear of choice is mainly flip-flops or none, it's a moot point.
There is nothing scary about a mad Mom wielding a flip-flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment